Friday, March 03, 2006

Goodbye Med school, Hello World

I woke up this morning feeling confused and hungry. I couldn't remember my dream but I'm guessing it has something to do with being stuck in a desert and saying "Agua, agua..." over and over. Stupid Jarhead trailer.

So anyways, a couple of seconds later I instantly felt a gurgling, diarrhea-like feeling in my stomach, like when you're faced with a pseudo-Armaggedon-like situation, such as your Philo 104 orals, or when you're about to interview for your first job. Today I had the last lecture of my scholastic life and it's so sad. Because that means I have to be an adult again with real world responsibilities. Like I'm gonna be exposed nakedly in front of our critical society and my abilities would be measured against a standard as high as Mt. Everest.

God, in a few weeks I'll be literally holding one's life in my hands. Medicine is such a scary frontier. You simply cannot be less than brilliant or vigilant, or else you and a bunch of sick people are gonna suffer the consequences. And I can just imagine consultants in my head, dressed in Borg-like attire saying, "Fun is irrelevant. Your social life is irrelevant. Food is irrelevant. Sleep is irrelevant. You are irrelevant. Only the consultants matter." Jeez.

I wish I could jump back into my mother's womb. I wish I could go back to being cosmic dust or be one with the Great Light or whatever those shamans or tribe priests call it. I don't know. It's just that the real world just makes me feel so small...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you actually watch jarhead? it has a five second shot of jake's butt while he's dancing to some song. he is in such GREAT shape.

M said...

whut??? tapos ka na? =) congratulations! exciting! parang kelan lang...

Bodge said...

Wow, why is everyone so surprised? It's not like med school lasts a lifetime...hahahaha!!! actually oo. Salamat salamat! I promise to do my best for all the Filipino people. Naks!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Credit report judgement Depakote meds Allergic reation for augmacil Small canula liposuction Kitten heeled sandals campaign fax fax marketing Dr rose dysfunction erectile new treatment Free 3d hentai liposuction surgery in dallas cost abdominal liposuction Infiniti g20 steering wheel

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »