Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dream Come True #7

Monday woke me up with little itty bitty butterflies in my stomach. From excitement, not nausea. Nothing was gonna ruin my day. Not even the freakin' Psychiatry finals, not the lazy samplex idiots who will again survive and most likely get a higher grade than me, not even the fact that I was stupid enough to leave all my carefully laid out comics and books at home...because...Neil Gaiman was AT LAST coming in my side of the world. As in Neil Gaiman!!! The guy who dreamt up the Endless and Books of Magic and Stardust and Coraline and other nice gory stuff. I really love this guy. It's like he has the same special something that Salvador Dali was made of. Basta, I don't care if I can't even understand the deepest depths of his writing like so many posers say they do, all I know is I'm dazzled at his work.Completely dazzled.

So, I sashayed through Gateway with Chabelita and Mommy Maan after a short train ride and there he was, right in front of me. As in in front of the huge mob that's in front of me. Couldn't say I almost fainted but if my hair could stand up, it would. And I felt my heart beat fast and my toes curl (weird no?). And he talked with this lovely Cockney accent (according to Anna)and he was so nice and he kept on saying how impressive so many Filipino writers are...Sigh...I wouldn't have minded if the ground opened up then and there and swallowed me up. So anyways, the best thing I got out of that thing was a distorted picture and having him stand 1 meter away from me, so much so, I could almost smell his aftershave (but I didn't coz apparently, he didn't wear any).But it felt like heaven. Like meeting Brad Pitt or something.

Today, however, I found out that Chabelita had her #1 Sandman comic signed, had a picture with him and he even took her drawing of Dream. ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! Selos!!! I hated her for about 10 secs and was ranting for about 15 minutes. Moral of the story is, never leave the cue no matter how long it takes coz Neil Gaiman will always be nice enough to sign everybody's stuff.

4 comments:

nins said...

Heard he signed books til 1 am at Rockwell Saturday.

Bodge, he is cute in a sexy, seasoned, borderline- demented looking sorta way. Basta, he screams COOL. He looks interesting and sexy even in a plain black shirt.

Bodge said...

NiƱa...si Neil Gaiman pa rin ba ang pinag-uusapan natin?

nins said...

Uh, yeah!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! email filter Used kia mentor uk http://www.laptops-computer-shopping.info online roulette Xanax orders In pill singapore slimming Breathing devices in cars Liposuction st catharines Hosting virtual web dedicated server hosting dedicated web Free impotence help online games Hamstr dance Formula roulette